Yummy, salty, crispy, and grilled…watermelon? That’s right, this BBQ staple that’s quickly gaining popularity packs a uniquely fresh and bright taste, but still has some classic BBQ char to it.
- Lightly sprinkle the watermelon wedges on both sides with the salt.
- Stand the watermelon wedges on their edges on a rack over a sink or pan, and let them drain for half an hour.
- Start the Traeger on smoke with the lid open for 4 to 5 minutes, or until fire is established.
- Preheat grill to high for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After the watermelon has drained, rinse each piece under cold running water. Place each piece between two folded paper towels, and gently but firmly press to remove excess water.
- Brush the watermelon lightly on both sides with the honey.
- Place the watermelon slices on the grill grate. and Traeger them until grill marks have formed and the melon is slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from grill, sprinkle with sea salt, and squeeze lime juice over the top. Enjoy.